"the purple tape"

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

BREAD AND BUTTER




Aight, I admit im all behind with almost everything, i'm still playing heinz with all the news thats "fit to blog". I'm just going to go at it as if i didn't see any of yall post shit--so back to fucking basics.

"The bitch is mad cause my jams kick like eastbay"

This beans album is gonna need to come with some kind of state prop tylenol or some shit, cause this is gonna have kids sick!

I definitely should've bought those eu footlocker joints when i was in london, mark my words by summer nyc will be full of them.


Liquor+Coke+Hookers=Rehab..

This story was too funny to overlook. Dude gets the 05 Marv Albert award.

Is this Fiona Apple, Extraordinary Machine, new? old? I feel so lost--really. I mean i know its old material, i've actually never heard any of it. For those who care here's the tracklist:


Cooked Crack pushed back.

Ok, so there is still response tracks going on? Is this even real because Jada did no justice here (1) (2) gimme a Styles 16 already!

With opening day around the corner, and at least one open-container ticket waiting for me in the Shea parking lot, im hyped for the Metropoliticians. Now that spring training is wrapping up i see promise. Im defintely not mad at the move they made for another lefty in the rotation, plus Philips was horrid at the end of the year...take the kurt rambis glasses and keep it moving. ESPN sees the light too.

Puffy to make the idol?

On the mixtape side of things-it seems to have slowed down post-piggy bank and responses i still have yet to chew through the whoo kid joints, but im really trying to check this joint--after i heard Tony Sunshine's thugtastic remake of the John Legend joint..terror error's the squad.

A nice healthy collection of tees at turntable lab..the no mas line will get work in the spring.

Aight--im off to go catch up on Deadwood--good to see the Wire got renewed for season 4.

"Ayyo, my man Herb diggy got something to say"

Hey! Hey! Lets all welcome home our man. I was supposed to helm the controls while the kid was away but he refused to give up the keys, I’m not bitter though. While he was shackled up with some buck-toothed UK chick I was beating up some ATL stallion. Aiight I admit that was a bit salty, I’m saying I’m just jelly I didn’t get to smoke high grade with yah.

Lets see what do I want to talk about? Can I do some R&B? I been feeling my man Raheem Devaughn for a while now (No Karamo). I mean he’s been putting it down for Chocolate City (that’s Washington DC for our talcum readers) for a while now. Recently The Source (please don’t ask why I was leafing through that) and Urb both plugged Raheem in their respective mags. Seeing how magazine hipsters/writers might be catching on to the movement its time you do too.

Aight, let me try and describe him without sucking him off? The kid definitely has a dope style--I would say he mantains a definite hip-hop sensibility, but that would be kinda cliché because i'm sure y'all immediately see Jahiem’s grill piece, so lets try again;He hasn't cornered himself into one style--has a universal appeal that caters to all brands of r&b enthusiasts. He has dope conscious joints, the cool upbeat/hip hop joints, the baby maker joints, and the “I can play this for my girl and she will love me and not its not even annoying like Usher and Destiny Child” joints. Fuckit, let the music speak for itself.

The Invitation....Your welcome.

Today wasnt a Good Day.

Just when You thought You had enough of slow jamz.

Even Chingy likes this Hurr.

If you like what you hear, get at Jive and tell them you want them to start pushing his album and make it a priority. By the way am I the only one that remembers that Jive was once the home of KRS-1, Spice-1, E-40, Tribe and other dope rappers. How times change huh? Got N’Sync? Anyway back to Raheem the Dream (again No Karamo) check out the music and the sites, support the kid. As a DC native I feel it’s my duty to big up local, minus go-go which I might do anyway.

No comments: