"the purple tape"

Thursday, March 31, 2005

FRESHLY DIPPED*

*-came very close to being the name of this blog



I had a chance to chop it up with Balance, the proclaimed-"Bay Area Mixtape King". Yes, you are right this is the second Bay Area emcee i've showcased this week. Personally though, I feel that the Bay area WILL be the next region to really pop off nationally (think Houston right now). After our conversation, I am convinced that, when the area pops--Balance will be in the front of the pack. His new street CD finally reached my mailbox, and its aiight man. Although the cd is a tad short on tracks (14), and it might not quench the thirst of long-time Balance heads, it features a grip of Bay area cats and is a great start out point for those who haven't heard of dude. (Quick Edit: go check out Triple Beam Tilt for a fun bag of Balance goodies)

Welcome To Kali
Roll With Me-(ft Chamillionare, Stat Quo)

With the mixtape game really slow rightnow, Mr. Get Familliar drops a street CD promoting the new State Prop movie, hosted by Dame. You know the mixtape game is slow when Big Mike drops 2 radio CDs.

'The Davinci Code' or 'The Smugglers Handbook'?

I had a sneaker highlight all set up--pretty links of the Nike iD dunks, and the CRISPY purple tape kicks--Mita Dunk Hi-but then i looked around and False Crack did it first, then JB did it bigger.

DJ BENZI-go get your refix on..imma fan of the Brooke Valentine/PM Dawn jawn.

Welcome To Jamrock is my first official warm-weather jump off banger. Am I late on this record??

What's next..cyber gats?

"I'm DJ Scratch, bitch!" (copped off allhiphop)

I don't know about this man..career suicide if you ask me. How do you go from Marcellus Wallace or the "African squat fucker" in Baby Boy to the black Kojak who sucks a lollipo (yes,
homo).

Exclusive American Idol Footage

No comments: